Pueblo Bonito Oceanfront Resorts and Spas to host second annual culinary event in July at four Pueblo Bonito Resorts
CABO SAN LUCAS, MEXICO – What can you expect when the master chefs of Mexico come together to share their culinary knowledge with each other? “Great surprises and adventuresome dishes,” says Antonio de Livier, award-winning chef of Pueblo Bonito Oceanfront Resorts and Spas.
Pueblo Bonito Oceanfront Resorts and Spas and Chef Antonio de Livier will host the second annual PacifiCooks 2009 event, taking place July 5-20, at Pueblo Bonito’s Cabo San Lucas properties- Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Holistic Retreat & Spa, Pueblo Bonito Rose and Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos. The three-week culinary program will include customized menus–mostly dinners–designed by the master chefs. With more than six celebrated chefs from across Mexico, this program provides a collaborative opportunity for the chefs to learn from one another while showcasing authentic and innovative Mexican gastronomy to an enthusiastic public.
“PacifiCooks 2009 is the perfect way to experience the culinary artistry of these chefs, and to get to know them in a more personal way—individually and collectively—and to learn about their philosophies, approaches and techniques,” adds Chef de Livier. Pueblo Bonito’s Corporate Sommelier and Mexico’s 2004 Champion Sommelier Juan Carlos Flores will join Chef de Livier and the master chefs by introducing the best wines of Mexico to complement each dish.
“Wine is no afterthought here, and Juan Carlos not only has a thorough knowledge of the world’s wines at his fingertips, but also a deep love for his own country’s efforts,” writes Edward Brivio, New-York based contributor for JohnMariani.com, renowned culinary website and go-to-guide for savvy food and wine enthusiasts.
The program highlights five “All-Star Dinners” at which the customized menus will be a collaboration of at least two chefs per dish. The following master chefs participated last year and are eager to reunite at Pueblo Bonito Oceanfront Resorts and Spas’ PacifiCooks 2009:
• Enrique Olvera – Chef Olvera is the owner and chef of Mexico City’s famous Restaurante Pujol. In addition, he has been a consultant to Frito-Lay and Don Julio Tequila, and became the Executive Chef of Mexicana Airlines in July 2008.
• Guillermo Gonzalez Beristain – As an award-winning chef and owner of Grupo Pangea, Chef Beristain, Culinary Institute of America graduate with high honors, also creates the menu selections for five of the best restaurants in Monterrey, Mexico.
• Benito Molina – Hailing from Ensenada, which touts the noted restaurants La Manzanilla, Silvestre, and Muelle Tres, Chef Molina presents his own style of Mexican flair and attention to detail.
• Paulina Abascal – As Executive Chef of Mexico City’s Trico Pastry Shops and host of the Pasterleria.mx TV show, Chef Abascal has been named Mexico’s most famous pastry chef.
• Federico Lopez – Co-founder and director of Ambrosia Culinary Academy, Chef Lopez manages a banquet company in Playa del Carmen.
• Ricardo Muñoz Zurita – Named by TIME Magazine as “a prophet and preserver of the Mexican culinary tradition,” Chef Zurita is also the author of Encyclopedia of Mexican Gastronomy. His Café Azul y Oro, with two locations, “are among Mexico’s most beloved restaurants.”
Chef Antonio De Livier serves as Pueblo Bonito’s chef of LaFrida, located at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, as well as Fellini’s, located at Pueblo Bonito Rosé Resort & Spa. LaFrida is the recipient of the AAA Four-Diamond Award and the American Hospitality Association Five-Diamond Award. In addition, Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort & Spa was recognized by Conde Nast Traveler’s 2008 Gold List for the category of Best Hotel in Food in the Americas.
Pueblo Bonito Oceanfront Resorts and Spas pamper their guests with their luxurious Mexican hospitality, spacious oceanfront suites, grandiose pools and lounge areas, spa and fitness facilities as well as Cabo San Lucas’ plethora of outdoor activities. Located at the tip of Mexico’s 1,000-mile long Baja California peninsula, Los Cabos offers breathtaking scenery creating the ideal location for this culinary getaway.
To learn more about PacifiCooks or to make reservations, visit www.pueblobonito.com or call (800) 990-8250.
About Pueblo Bonito Oceanfront Resorts and Spas:
Pueblo Bonito Oceanfront Resorts and Spas offer uncommon amenities, unsurpassed service, and the warmth of a luxurious Mexican home. The collection includes properties in Los Cabos — Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Holistic Retreat & Spa, Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Pueblo Bonito Rosé, and Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos; two in Mazatlán —AAA Four-Diamond Award winning Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Resort & Spa and Pueblo Bonito Mazatlán, and Samba Vallarta– Pueblo Bonito’s all-inclusive resort in Riviera Nayarit. Pueblo Bonito Oceanfront Resort and Spas’ is the recipient of many prestigious awards including Travel + Leisure’s 2008 Gold List for the categories Best Hotel in Food in the Americas recipient Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort & Spa and Best Hotel in Design in the Americas as well as Conde Nast Traveler’s Reader’s Choice Awards for the past two consecutive years. Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort & Spa was recently included on Conde Nast Traveler’s Gold List for 2009 for the second year in a row.