Distinctive Retreats Offered in Majestic Destinations in Mexico’s Central Heartland
Washington, D.C.,- Flor Escapes has launched two upcoming fixed departure tours for travel this spring 2010 that feature wellness and cultural activities in Mexico’s Central Highlands. Both retreats offer a unique combination of Mexico’s fabulous lesser-known inland destinations, typical cuisine on a gourmet level, and wellness, in a deluxe format, at a very attractive price point.
Mystic Triangle – March 21-27, 2010
The Mystic Triangle tour, from March 21-27, 2010, is a 7-day tour that includes specialized explorations of three enigmatic archeological sites; Xochicalco, Malinalco, and Tepoztlán, in addition to gourmet dining, a cooking demonstration of authentic Mexican cuisine and activities such as horseback riding, a full body Amate holistic massage and more. This trip is based at Hacienda San Gabriel de Las Palmas, an authentic upscale historic hacienda turned hotel located in the state of Morelos that dates to 1529. “This tour provides guests with personalized visits to some of the most magical sites in the state of Morelos. Participants will explore magnificent cultural attractions of this region that are not well-known outside of Mexico and range from pre-Hispanic archeological sites to colonial gems to contemporary venues, such as Gaia, one of Mexico’s most famed restaurants”, comments Adriana Contreras, Founder of Take A Tour, Flor Escapes’ ground provider in Morelos, Mexico.
Rates are $2,975 per person, double occupancy or $3,350 single occupancy. Reservations confirmed by January 15, 2010 receive a 10% discount off the entire trip. Inclusions follow:
• 6 Night Luxury Accommodations
• All Meals (Gourmet Cuisine!) Throughout Trip
• Private Museum and Archeological Tours
• Private Transportation within Country
• Airport Transfers in Mexico According to Itinerary
• Healthy Gourmet Mexican Cooking Demonstration
• One Full Body Holistic Massage
• Optional Participation in Authentic Temazcal Steam Bath Cleansing Ritual
• Private Tour of the Traditional Museum of Herbal Medicine
• Leisure Activities such as Horseback Riding, Swimming, & Optional Spa Services
• English speaking tour leader throughout the trip
To download a brochure with a day-to-day itinerary for the Mystic Triangle tour click on the following link.
Bajío Discovery – April 9-15, 2010
Bajío Discovery, April 9-15, 2010, is a seven-day rejuvenating wellness retreat for women with an in-depth and personalized experience of authentic Mexican art, culture and cuisine. The first three nights take place at Hacienda Sepulveda, a historic hacienda dating to the 1600s, where participants reconnect with nature, receive holistic spa treatments, enjoy restorative Qi Gong and yoga sessions, and partake in a workshop that supports the return to one’s essential state of being. This workshop is lead by Kourosh Kashani, a traditional healer, certified acupuncturist, Chinese herbalist and founder of Circle of One. The second segment of this retreat is hosted in San Miguel de Allende at the newly opened El Meson Hotel and includes an insider walking tour lead by a distinguished Mexican artist, Alejandro Rivera, a private tour of a botanical garden followed by sunset yoga session and a healthy gourmet Mexican cooking lesson by Paulo Pocinho, recognized chef and owner of BOBO Gourmet and BOBO Bistro. Free time is allotted for participants to discover the art-filled town. “I’ve been on many vacations and wellness workshops over the last few years and while they have be wonderful in the moment, after a few days back in “real life” the magic seems to fade away along with my relaxation and clarity,” explains Elizabeth Baer, a Flor Escape participant. “My experience with Flor Escapes was entirely different. The landscape of central Mexico was stunning, and the workshops, spa treatments and movement classes created a sense of wellbeing that has stayed with me…”
Rates are $1,800 per person, double occupancy; $1,650 per person, triple occupancy; $2,100 per person, single occupancy. Reservations confirmed by February 15, 2010 receive a complimentary facial at Hacienda Sepulveda. Inclusions follow:
• Six nights Accommodation in Deluxe Boutique Hotels
• Private Airport Transfers within Mexico According to Itinerary
• Full Breakfast Daily
• Three Lunches to Include Interactive Cooking Demonstration & Market Tour
• Four Dinners (to include farewell dinner in San Miguel de Allende!)
• Full Day Workshop on ‘Connecting with your True Self’
• Two Meditation, Yoga and Qi Gong Sessions
• One Group Yoga Session at Botanical Garden
• One Full Body Holistic Massage per Person
• Optional Participation in Temazcal Treatment
• Private Art Tour of San Miguel de Allende
• Private tour of El Charco del Ingenio Botanical Garden
• Horseback riding at Hacienda Sepulveda
A complete day-to-day itinerary of the Bajío Discovery retreat is accessible via the Flor Escapes website.
About Flor Escapes
Flor Escapes fuses travel with wellness and culture to develop exclusive holistic retreats. All destinations, hotels, guides, spa treatments and healers have been specially selected to ensure that each trip be a true escape and journey to relaxation, self discovery and fun! For more information visit http://www.florescapes.com/.