Longstanding Excellence in Seven of Cancun’s Hotels & Restaurants
Cancun’s Best are Awarded the Prestigious AAA Five Diamond Award
Cancun, Mexico – The Cancun Convention & Visitors Bureau proudly announces that seven of Cancun’s hotels and restaurants received yet again the prestigious AAA Five Diamond Awards. The AAA Diamond Award is one of the most thorough and trusted rating systems for restaurants and lodgings in the U.S., and Five Diamond status is the highest award level possible.
With three restaurants and four hotels ranked as AAA Five Diamond Award winners for consecutive years, Cancun obtains the most awards this year out of any other Mexican destination.
According to AAA, a property is considered Five Diamond Award worthy when it reflects the characteristics of ultimate luxury and sophistication. Accommodations are first class, the physical attributes are extraordinary and offers meticulous service that exceed guests expectations. An impeccable standard of excellence, personalized service and amenities that enhance an unmatched level of comfort are also top requirements.
Cancun’s AAA Five Diamond Award-Winning Lodgings:
The Ritz-Carlton Cancun (Five Diamond recipient since 1996) –The Ritz Cancun offers the perfect hideaway for a sumptuous Caribbean vacation. The only Ritz-Carlton property in Mexico, this charismatic hotel offers world-class hospitality and exquisite restaurants that perfectly combine to offer a luxurious escape for couples and families alike.
- Zoëtry Paraiso de la Bonita (Five Diamond recipient since 2004) – Consistently named one of Mexico’s most exceptional boutique resorts, this paradise is set on a 14-acre property in Puerto Morelos and includes a private beach.
- JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa (Five Diamond recipient since 2007) – A landmark property, the resort offers an unforgettable experience, located in the heart of the Hotel Zone. The hotel has a spectacular Mayan-inspired spa, welcoming guests with luxurious ambiance, breathtaking views and reinvigorating treatments.
- Le Blanc Spa Resort (Five Diamond recipient since 2010) – This adults-only resort offers guests a luxury, all-inclusive experience, with every detail designed to envelop guests in splendid comfort. This stylish hotel offers three outdoor pools, including two infinity pools with swim-up bars that overlook the Caribbean Sea.
For a restaurant to be honored with a AAA Five Diamond Award, it must consistently provide a world-class experience and be considered “haute cuisine” at its best. The menu and food must be cutting-edge, imaginative and showcase the artistry of an amazing chef.
- The Club Grill (Five Diamond recipient since 1999) – Located in the Ritz-Carlton, this restaurant is known for its elevated Continental cuisine featuring prime cuts of meat and a diverse wine list spiced up with vibrant tones of live jazz.
- Fantino (Five Diamond recipient since 2006) – Also in the Ritz-Carlton, this restaurant offers Mediterranean cuisine at its finest, and features a loyal devotion to natural flavors with fresh interpretations and creative presentations complemented with live piano music.
- Le Basilic (Five Diamond recipient since 2007) – Found at Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun Resort and Spa, Le Basilic offers French cuisine with a colorful bohemian atmosphere that, without losing its elegance, becomes casual so guests can relax, interact and delight their senses with great food and ambiance.
Further showcasing the rich and talented cuisine that the destination offers, the second annual Cancun-Riviera Maya Wine & Food Festival will feature the world’s best chefs and sommeliers March 14 – 17. Not just a luxury hotel and foodie paradise, Cancun also boasts an extensive list of unique family and adventure excursions, awe-inspiring Mayan ruins and some of the most unique museums in the world.
Cancun is located in the northern part of the southeastern Mexican state of Quintana Roo. It is Mexico’s number one tourist destination and is known all over the world for its spectacular beaches, unique beauty and breathtaking turquoise waters.
Cancun’s shoreline recently underwent a $71 Million Dollar makeover, that featured 1.3 billion gallons of sand to renovating the Hotel Zone’s seashore. The most popular tourism destination in Mexico and Latin America has also added to its sun, beach, and nightlife, by creating a unique five-day route that will offer visitors a chance to experience adventure and interaction with nature. Cancun and the Treasures of the Caribbean invite travelers to discover the vast natural, cultural and gastronomical cultures of Puerto Morelos, and the four islands of the Mexican Caribbean: Holbox, Isla Mujeres, Contoy and Cozumel. Cancun is a multifaceted destination that combines nature, historical Mayan Culture, glamour, luxury and world class tourism with the seduction for adventure, the passion for paradisiacal nature and the enchantment of gastronomical magic.
For more information, visit the Cancun Convention and Visitors Bureau website at: www.cancun.travel. Follow us on Twitter @CancunCVB, “LIKE” us on Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/cancuncvb browse through our videos on YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/user/cancuntravel and share your pictures of Cancun on our Flickr site at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22572360@N07/.