Bucerias, Nay. –“Real World Home Tours,” developed by local non-profit PEACE, is growing in popularity, as tourists report glowing feedback regarding their experiences in local homes and communities.
The Real World Home Tour provides the unique experience of visiting four exclusive homes, from spectacular luxury estates with pristine grounds and gorgeous accommodations, to modest puebla homes. One puebla home belongs to Libo, a local artisan and member of PEACE program, Manos Unidas por la Mujer (United Hands for Women.)
“I found the determination and grace of these women so inspiring, and I left their homes in humbled admiration,” said Andria Burchett, home tour participant. “It’s hard to find a vacation experience like this. Real World Home Tours helped us to respectfully “unravel” the cultural differences in this beautiful country, and also encouraged a relationship among tourists and the local people of the region.”
Tour Details Include:
• Departure every Friday (November 5 – April 1) No tour on December 24.
• Ticket sales at 9:30 am from Bucerías Centro(On Lazaro Cardenas, near the gazebo, in front of the Michoacan ice cream shop) or at www.thepeaceboutique.com
• Tour bus departure at 10:30 am – Return 2:30 pm
• Tickets cost at $450 pesos ($35 USD)
• Includes transportation, light lunch and souvenir water bottle
100% ticket proceeds support PEACE, an organization that focuses on education, entrepreneurship, animal well-being, and community engagement in the coastal regions of Nayarit, Jalisco and Quintana Roo, Mexico.