Out of the 340 luxury hotels across Mexico evaluated for the 2013 rankings, 34 properties scored high enough to earn a place on the list of the Best Hotels in Mexico . The top five are:
- Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort; Cabo San Lucas
- Rosewood San Miguel De Allende; San Miguel de Allende
- The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort; Punta de Pita
- Capella Pedregal; Cabo San Lucas
- Banyan Tree Cabo Marques; Acapulco
See full list: Best Hotels in Mexico
About the Rankings
Luxury hotels in Mexico were ranked based on an unbiased methodology that includes the collective opinion of travel experts and guests, expressed through awards, recommendations and ratings. The U.S. News approach reflects the core goal of all of our rankings, which is to help take the guesswork out of choosing the right hotel by providing travelers with an impartial analysis of luxury hotels.
“Hotels that consistently meet the high expectations of experts and travelers are recognized in our rankings,” said Chad Smolinski, Senior Vice President at U.S. News. “Applying an unbiased approach to identifying these hotels lets us give travelers to Mexico recommendations they can count on.”
- Best Hotels in Mexico : Top 10 percent of all ranked luxury hotels in Mexico
- Best Hotels in [Destination]: Top 30 percent of all ranked luxury hotels within a Mexican destination (e.g., Puerto Vallarta)
About U.S. News & World Report
U.S. News & World Report is a multi-platform publisher of news and analysis, which includes the digital-only U.S. News Weekly magazine, www.usnews.com and www.rankingsandreviews.com. Focusing on Health, Personal Finance, Education, Travel, Cars and Public Service/Opinion, U.S. News has earned a reputation as the leading provider of service news and information that improves the quality of life of its readers. U.S. News & World Report’s signature franchise includes its News You Can Use® brand of journalism and its annual “Best” series of consumer Web guides and publications that include rankings of colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, mutual funds, health plans and more.